Wednesday 11 June 2014

Decorating tip

Hi, I was doing some painting with Hammerite paint and after I was finished, I realized that the brush was going to be hard in half an hour if I did not clean it,  So I looked for something that would clean the brush, Lo and behold I did not have the right thinners to do the job, So what did I do ? 



  Well in the shed I had some terpentine substitute and in my Kitchen cupboard I had a tin of WD40 






 ,,  I first sprayed the brush bristles with the WD40 and left it to soak in for 30 seconds, I then washed the brush in the turps substitute and to my amazement all the paint was removed.



I saved myself a tidy sum on thinners as the one for Hammerite paint is rather expensive !





You can find other articles and topics on this blog
for my Music blog go to This is paul burns music  on paulburns07.blogspot.com





                                   pbpaulburns2@gmail.com
                        
Thanks for your support and for reading this blog .


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you like what you see then please comment!